At St Catherine's our Life Matters courses cover the PSHE curriculum. The aims and philosophy of the Life Matters Department are to equip our students with the accurate information, Thinking Skills, and the inter- and intra-personal skills necessary to make good choices for life and to forge healthy and happy relationships for the future.
Through the course every girl will develop and make progress towards:
Development of Thinking Skills
- What are good sources of information?
- How can we make good decisions?
- What is a good risk?
- How and when should I ask for help?
- An understanding of consequences and rewards
An informed Worldview
- The risks and rewards of community life
- Knowing how to stay safe and healthy
- How to manage stress
- Accurate information
- Respect for differences between people and groups
- Love of learning
Development of Inter and Intrapersonal Skills:
- How to work as a team
- Listening and Communication Skills
- How to challenge behaviour in others
- Knowledge of our own strengths and weaknesses
- Self-confidence and assertiveness
Here at St Catherine’s we endeavour to achieve our aims through a relevant, interesting and stimulating syllabus which encourages the girls to engage in important life topics.